Quick Summary of your undergrad!
*The information provided does not include changes of the program due to Covid-19*
- Foundation for nursing! You will have classes like anatomy and physiology, psychology, and microbiology
- You will have the chance to take electives this year!
- Don’t forget to explore campus and get involved! Whether it be a club, student association or intramural sports, there is something for everyone!
- The faculty of Health Sciences has a Mentoring Center where you can come review old exams (ex: Anatomy and Physiology) and receive extra help .This centre offers study groups on subjects that have a higher level of difficulty (ex: Anatomy & Physiology ,Microbiology,etc )
- You will have classes like Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Research in nursing
- You will have your first lab during first semester, learning how to take vital signs, blood pressure, and perform a head to toe assessment
- During the second semester, you will have your first placement in long term care! This will be a great experience with a new kind of learning
- The Health Science mentoring centre offers a study group for the Pathophysiology and Pharmacology courses in both languages.Your schedule on uoZone will seem overwhelming however, the hours are reserved for labs. Labs/Clinicals will not be scheduled during every single time slot.
- You will have a total of 4 clinical placements including: Mental Health, Medicine/Surgery, Pediatrics and Maternity. You will also have a lab and class to go along with each placement.
- You will also take an Ethics class and a Theory of Nursing Class
- It is going to begin to feel like you’re a nurse!
- Look out for the vaccination clinic, which is a great opportunity for nursing students to give flu vaccines to many students and professors on campus!
- During your first semester you will have a community health placement and a complex care placement
- In the second semester you will have consolidation - one final placement of your choosing where you will work with a RN preceptor and follow their full time work schedule!
- By second semester, most of your classes will be online!
About the UOttawa Stream:
Where are my classes held?
Answer to question 0
SECOND YEAR HOSPITAL ROTATIONS?
Third Year Hospital Rotations?